Cfstyle.com was able to speak with Ms.Aliyyah Eniath, one of the publishers of Caribbean Belle Magazine, who is nominated in the category Fashion Magazine Cover.
1. How do you feel about being nominated for a Caribbean Fashion Award?
It’s an honor. The idea for Caribbean Fashion Awards is an excellent one.
2. How many years have you been doing Caribbean Belle Magazine?
This is our fourth year.
3. What has been the most memorable moment in your career?
There were many memorable moments. It’s difficult to pinpoint just one. I’ve had the privilege of working with and meeting some amazing individuals. Meeting Sheila Holder, wife of the late Boscoe Holder (renowned artist), stands out in my mind. We sat together at her apartment, chatting about their long life together. He was a remarkable man, and she knew him best. I was lucky to get such an insight into his mind and life.
4. What are your plans for your career over the next five years?
We’re looking at penetrating regional markets while holding our fort here.
5. What would you be doing if not your current profession?
If not publishing, I’d like to return to teaching. I never thought that I would like being a teacher. But I taught high school for two years, and now I know that I have that gift…not only to impart knowledge, but to inspire a love of literature and the arts…and I miss being in the classroom.
6. Fashion and style. What is the difference?
You can have style without being in fashion. Style is about how you carry yourself, the way you speak, body language, behavior, etc.