The list for the Master designers for 2009 Caribbean Fashion Week has been published.
The Master Designer designation is a symbol of outstanding achievement in fashion and is awarded to designers who achieve extraordinary levels of accomplishment.
The list of designers are :
* Nefertari Caddle, Simon Foster and Pauline Bellamy of Barbados;
* Jessica Ogden and Gavin Douglas British designers of Jamaican parentage; Atelier Dore (Judith and Hank Uiterloo), Suriname;
* Sandra Kennedy, Uzuri (Karl Williams and Mark Mc Dermoth), Barry Moncrieffe, Catch A Fire (Cedella Marley), Mutamba (Amber Cohen and Mutabaruka), Earl “Biggy” Turner, The Mushroom (Brigid and Jason Lawson), Bridget Brown and Bill Edwards of Jamaica;
*Denis Davaed of Guadeloupe;
* Calvin Southwell of Antigua;
* Heather Jones of Trinidad;
* Joy Bryce, an Atlanta based Jamaican designer and Francis Hendy, a New York based Trinidadian designer.
This list represents some of the biggest names in Caribbean Fashion and sets the stage for CFW 2009 will be a a hott event on the fashion calender.