We talk to Russell Wilkinson of Trinidad and Tobago who is nominated in the category of Caribbean Male Runway Model.
1. How do you feel about being nominated for a Caribbean Fashion Award?
I am very thrilled and deeply moved about the nomination it just goes to show that eventually you will be recognized for all the work that has been done.
2. How many years have you been modeling?
I have been modeling for approximately seven years.
3. What has been the most memorable moment in your career?
The most memorable moment in my career will have to be the first time I modeled out of the country (St. Kitts) and my picture was used on the flyers along with another well-known model from Trinidad and Miss Universe China. That was cool and the beginning of my international gigs
4. What are your plans for your career over the next five years?
My plans for the next five years are to become an international model with a couple of campaigns, sponsors you name it, and an acting career.
5. What would you be doing if you were not in your current profession?
I’ll probably would be working towards an acting career. I’m not the typical nine to five type
6. Fashion or style? What’s the difference?
The difference between style and fashion is fashion is for the public, anyone could be in the latest fashion trends once they could afford it. However, it’s how you wear it and work it; that’s where your style comes in. I guess everyone has his or her own sense of style and that’s what makes us unique and my style definitely sets me apart from the rest. I can be imitated but never duplicated.