CFSTYLE.com over the next few weeks will be interviewing nominees for the Caribbean Fashion Awards 2009. Here we talk to Jaumark Pierre of Trinidad and Tobago who is nominated in the category of Upcoming Designer.
1. How do you feel about being nominated for a Caribbean Fashion Award?
It’s always a nice feeling being recognized. I am sincerely thankful.
2. How many years have you been doing fashion design ?
A little over two years.
3. The most memorable moment in your career has been?
Ans: The adrenaline rushes throughout the actually showing experience tops the list and I like to see happy models.
4. What are your plans for your career over the next five years?
I’m currently reading for my B.A. in Fashion Design at the Caribbean Academy of Fashion. During that period I will be expressing my experiences and new competence through my art. I also plan to do as much traveling as I can afford.
5. What would you be doing if not your current profession?
I would be a photographer or graphic artist.
6. Fashion or Style? What’s the difference?
I believe both Fashion and Style are arts of the human aesthetic, Fashion being more theoretical than style. Fashion produces Style, and in many cases Style influences fashion, because style itself is basically marketing and the art of arranging Fashion. Hence in the world of Fashion they are two separate careers. I love both and although I have much more to learn, having competence in both is very fulfilling.