Here we interview the Pink Lemonade Duo Daisy- Lyn Ward and Rotechlle Parris who was one of the shining sparks we were introduced to during BB Fashion Week. See their collection here.
1. Who is Pink Lemonade?
Pink Lemonade is a design duo, Daisy-Lyn Ward and Rotchelle Parris.
2. What does Pink Lemonade represent and who is its target audience?
Pink Lemonade represents young women who enjoy having fun with their look. The target audience is 16-30.
3. What inspired you to get into fashion?
Rotchelle – I have always love fashion, but most of all I love the way clothes can change how an individual feels about them self.
Daisy -I was always creative and loved arts. Fashion is just another way for me to express myself.
4. Describe your journey into fashion and the process of putting together you first collection?
Our journey into fashion started when we both wore something we made for a show we were attending in Barbados; we ran into Mrs. Barbados World 2009, Leah Marville who liked what we were wearing and she requested that we do a piece for her. We agreed and she wore it in a feature in Zing Magazine.
It was lots of sleepless nights and lots of hard work to put the line together; a few pieces were altered significantly because we felt they weren’t the best they could be. At the end though, we were happy and content with how everything turned out.
B. Since Pink Lemonade is a team effort how does that relationship work?
We both tend to have the same ideas regarding what looks we wanted so that made the designing process easy, so we discuss what we have in mind then go from there.
5. Who are some of your mentors in Fashion?
Max Azria, Tom Ford, Mondo (Project Runway)
6. Name some Caribbean designers who Pink Lemonade admires?
Jewel Shannon and Cassadra Mottley swimwear
7. Who are some international designers you admire?
Daisy-Lyn – Versace, Seth Erin, Roberto Cavalli
Rotchelle – Ellie Saab, Herve Leger, Alexander McQueen
8. How do you feel after debuting your first collection at BB fashion Weekend?
It was a great experience, hectic but none the less a great experience.
9. What are the future plans for Pink Lemonade?
To be household name in Barbados, then branching out regionally and internationally.
10. What type of support do you need in order to take Pink Lemonade to the next level?
Financial support is always a must with any new business as well as effective marketing.
11. And what are your plans for the next year?
To penetrate our local market, by placing our line in boutiques and stores and to be a part of regional fashion shows.